[e4-dev] would like to work on e4...

Hi, folks.
I have been lurking in the e4 space for quite some time now, but have yet to contribute any code. I'm interested in becoming a committer. In particular I'm interested in the following:

- implementing some of the simpler workbench views as native e4 views
- bringing more complex views into e4 via the compatibility layer and helping with the compatibility layer
- improving progress handling and error handling services, and application services in general
- exploring how the workbench (SDK) UI model might change now that we have the flexibility of e4, tackling some long-standing usability issues in the workbench model
- exploring alternate/web implementations of simple editors (similar to Boris' site.xml editor)
- bringing in more complex web-based editors to push the limits of our e4 web and _javascript_ support

I've been already working with the IBM graphics designer on a default styling for the e4 workbench, and opening some bugs involving the workbench model/layout, but that has not resulted in any code yet.

I am currently a platform UI, platform doc, and equinox (p2) committer.

susan

Back to the top