Re: [e4-dev] Single application id in e4?

Hi Patrick,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Patrick Paulin<patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any chance that the WorkbenchApplication class could be moved out of the
> internal packages? This would allow developers to extend it if they wish. I
> looked at the class briefly, and it seems tangled up with other internals
> that would make replicating the logic a little cumbersome.

We probably wouldn't make WorkbenchApplication API and extensible but
I agree that RCP apps should be able to create their application and
configure a number of behaviours (OSGi services, information in the
IEclipseContext, and parts of the model) and that has to be API.

That's one of my current goals, but it's not immutable as our e4
requirements change.

Later,
PW

--