Re: [e4-dev] Integration Build: I20090108-1930 - Installation problems

Hi Serge,

> they do not load
> over the standard 3.5 plugins.

You are correct, that doesn't work ... dropins won't update the core
rcp or platform features (and our zips include patch features).

> - Using the eclipse update feature with the update site
> "http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090108-1930/repositor
> y", but eclipse gives an error saying there's no repository at that url.

I just copied the URL out of your message and into I20081216-0800 and
it found the repo and displayed the features to choose from.  It might
be a re-direct problem (we had that with our internal mirrors for a
while) where you see the Eclipse Foundation site for the main
information but the repo URL request (p2 asks for a content.xml file,
404 on download.eclipse.org just means there's no index.html) is being
sent to a mirror that won't serve up the content.xml.  In your browser
(or with some other program, the file is big) try your repo URL with
content.xml

Sorry for the rambling reply :-)
Later,
PW