Re: [e4-dev] Integration Build: I20090108-1930 - Installation problems

Hi Serge,

> I tried to install the latest e4 resource build in a 3.5M4 layout using
> the following steps:
>
> - unzip the zip file
> (http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090108-1930/download.
> php?dropFile=org.eclipse.e4.resources.feature-I20090108-1930.zip),
> although it places the plugins at the proper location, they do not load
> over the standard 3.5 plugins.

I can say that it does work for the CSS feature. I tried the resource one above and you're right that according to the About plugins it doesn't seem to get loaded.  Maybe its a problem with patches vs. new features in dropins?

> - Using the eclipse update feature with the update site
> "http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090108-1930/repositor
> y", but eclipse gives an error saying there's no repository at that url.

I notice that if you just drop that url into a web browser you'll get 404 not found.  I believe you're supposed to get back some XML, so either the URL is wrong or the directory/content are missing.

Note that at present the builds have no source attachment, Paul and I were discussing this Thursday.  As such, their self-hosting development value is not clear (they *are* however useful as a means of running automated tests and refining the build process).

So I'm guessing you may want to just load the PSF's anyway (http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/ProjectSetFiles).

I will add that I know that Paul has spent a considerable amount of time on this and has many other pending tasks.  If we want to see proper builds with source attachments, I think others need to chip in to help him.

Kevin

Back to the top