Re: [e4-dev] The ideal Eclipse developer computer

+1 on a MacBook Pro. I've been using it for little over a year, and I'm happy with the performance and overall usability of the 'shiny silver laptop' ;)

Some things to watch out for:

You don't get to run the latest and greatest versions of the JDK/JRE available. It's mostly 'whatever JDK apple provides'. I used the unofficial JDK 6 port from BSD, but that did crash with eclipse quite a frequently to the point that it was annoying. I wonder what the scene would be like when JDK 7 comes out sometime this year.

Keyboard shortcuts make life a bit more difficult because in eclipse, the CTRL key on other platforms maps to CTRL or COMMAND on the mac, and I've not yet managed to get my head around it.

-- Ketan