Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Memory view and addressable size

At 04:37 PM 6/21/2006, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 04:16:29PM -0500, John Cortell wrote:
> At 03:42 PM 6/21/2006, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >OK, that's what I had in mind and was interested in.  I still think we
> >could do this without user interface for it (by providing those two as
> >"different" memory mapped registers, and the memory mapped register
> >description indicating the access width), but that's much weaker than
> >"there's always one right answer".
>
> That's fine for a register view, but it doesn't apply to the memory
> view, right?

I would speculate that if you have a memory view window pointed at a
bank of MMIO registers, you may already be in bad straits.  A
significant portion of MMIO registers are active on read.

Well, yes, but MMIO is just one type of MMR.

BTW, the context for my inquiry was strictly the memory view window. For other views (registers), I believe the debugger backed can just "do the right thing" based memory configuration and register description files.

John

Back to the top