Re: [dash-dev] Monkey DOM api docs?

Bjorn,

Answers below.
I'm running Eclipse 3.3, and when I tried Buckminster today it was the latest version you get from the buckminster update site - but I already uninstalled it so I don't know the version.
(1) When you installed it, did you install it from the buckminster update site (as described on the Monkey page)? I assume you did, so question (2) is "did you install just the core and not the optional bits? or did you install some optional bits as well and if so, which ones?"

If your answers are (1) yes and (2) core only, then I think we've narrowed down the issue. If not, then I need to investigate further.

Actually, I installed  all of the optional libraries as well as the core - with one exception: I don't recall which optional library had an unresolved external dependency, but one of them did, so I unchecked that one and installed all of the others.

I guess I had forgotten about this, and it could very well be the cause of my troubles.

I think this may be one of the worst part of installing plugins is occasionally having to hunt down dependencies, which sometimes have their own dependencies, and the next thing you know Eclipse is bloated, sluggish and unstable. ;)
I've got the source code now for the standarddom project, and that will probably suffice for now, but it bears repeating that the usefulness of Eclipse Monkey is getting obscured by the dearth of documentation...
Yes :-(
Perhaps you could write a little for us?

Seems only fair I should pitch in and provide some assistance, but I'll need to spend some time learning this thing before I can contribute any documentation - seems like Javadocs are really the best bet, though, right? So that would mean modifying the source files...

We'll see....  I do appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Greg

Back to the top