RE: [cosmos-dev] building with eclispe 3.4 after i9.

Hi

+1 for moving to Eclipse 3.4.  I don’t expect that fixing the compile errors would be a large effort, correct?

Bill

From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Whiteman
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:36 AM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: Re: [cosmos-dev] building with eclispe 3.4 after i9.

The version of WTP that is used in conjunction with Eclipse 3.3 is unstable, as there are frequent out of memory errors when running it in the PDE.  Given that WTP is a prerequisite of ER 208274, and the latest milestone of WTP that is used with Eclipse 3.4 appears to be far more stable, I would really like to see i9 built with Eclipse 3.4 so that adopters can effectively use the toolkit UIs.

David

Hubert H Leung <hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2008 11:22 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[cosmos-dev] building with eclispe 3.4 after i9.

In last week's architecture call, we discussed the need to start using eclipse 3.4 for development and build.  One of the problems with doing the upgrade is that some of the code can't compile when using eclipse 3.4.  (Bug 214495)  Ali has been busy with his enhancement work, and doesn't have time to make this fix.  If we don't have the fix in this week's integration build, we will make the upgrade after eclispecon.  Does anyone have problems with it?  Please speak up if you absolutely want to build i9 with eclipse 3.4.