Re: [cosmos-dev] http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Manual_Guide

Jimmy,

I am in the process up updating the assigned topic links and assigning a bugzilla number for each topic. This will be listed on the http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Manual_Guide page. I'll have this task done by Tuesday morning.

Content development
You can develop your content on the Wiki using your assigned topic page or as an MS Word file. You may attach the MS Word file to the assigned bug number for your topic. My preference is to receive an MS Word file. It would be easier for me to rework and edit. You may also find it easier to develop your content using MS Word.

Graphic guidelines
I'll create a Graphic guidelines Wiki page for information about graphics. For now, I'll take image formats as gif or jpg file at 72 dpi. Not all browsers support PNG files yet, but they are getting to be more accepted.
.
The most common graphics mistake people make on the Web is to use the wrong graphics format for their images. But the choice is really quite simple...

    • If your graphics have a lot of colors (such as a photo), choose JPG.
    • If your graphics have few colors, choose GIF. When using GIF, try optimized palettes that contain only the colors used - this can cut file sizes in half. GIFs also allow for transparent backgrounds.

Recreating graphics

If you need a diagram recreated, send me a draft as an MS Word or you can use any other program as long as I can open the file. I will also take files as CorelDraw or Adobe Photoshop files.

Important: If you want an diagram recreated, please assign it a bug that is dependent on your topic bug. This way I can track my work and time.

For your graphic images, I can easily add callouts if needed. For callouts, I plan to use purple arrows and black text for consistency. I'll provide an example on the Graphic guidelines Wiki page.

Thanks,

Richard Vasconi

Design and Information Development/Dept. CNPA
Phone: (919) 543-5210 (TL/441) Fax: (919) 543-5210
e-mail: vasconi@xxxxxxxxxx
Lotus Notes: Richard Vasconi/Raleigh/IBM
Inactive hide details for "Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>

          "Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
          Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          02/11/2008 05:44 AM

          Please respond to
          Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[cosmos-dev] http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Manual_Guide

Rich,

For the documentation items that I own, how should I create the content? Should I enter text into the wiki pages that are linked from http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Manual_Guide ?

Or do you expect the content in other formats (e.g. Word) ? In case of the former, do you have any preference as to how the images / diagrams are created?

Thanks,
Jimmy Mohsin
Cell +1-609-635-1703