Re: [cosmos-dev] Tracking enhancement requests that span multiple iterations

Most projects do it this way so they can keep track of the granular progress by iteration/milestone. The one thing not explicitly mentioned is that we tend to also continue to carry a high level bugzilla that is dependant on all the parts so that the big picture can be tracked as well. A release plan can just point to the top level bugzilla for example.

Thanks for your time.
________________
Harm Sluiman,
IBM Distinguished Engineer
phone:905-413-4032   fax: 4920  cell: 1-647-300-4758
mailto:sluiman@xxxxxxxxxx
Admin : Queenie Lam qlam@xxxxxxxxxx  Tie: 969-5864 1-905-413-5864

Mark D Weitzel <weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/20/2007 08:48 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [cosmos-dev] Tracking enhancement requests that span multiple        iterations

i'm ok with this approach given that any "children" enhancements must have a link back to the parent so we can track the dependencies and easily determine what is a complete set of work.

valentina, how did tptp manage this?

-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/17/07 11:17 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Tracking enhancement requests that span multiple        iterations

Mark,

There are (and will be more and more) enhancement requests that will span multiple iterations.  How should we track these?

In
http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_197867, there is an example of splitting up the enhancement request into multiple “phases” by tagging each use case with the iteration it will be completed in; is this an acceptable paradigm?  My $.02: I propose we keep this approach, unless someone has a problem with this; or has a drastically better approach.

Thanks,

Jimmy Mohsin

+1-609-635-1703