RE: [cosmos-dev] What drives the overall interactions between theBroker, Management Domain, Data Managers

Let's try to frame this in a tangible use case.  I would hope that we have similar goals for the client like we do the data broker: as simple as possible.
We can capture the use cases here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_197870

-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

"Simmonds, Martin" <Martin.Simmonds@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/19/07 05:28 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [cosmos-dev] What drives the overall interactions between        theBroker, Management Domain, Data Managers

Hi,

The client API has to have some intelligence. After all, once it finds out from the management domain where the broker is, it starts to do its own stuff anyway.  If that intelligence was shifted elsewhere, the client would have to understand that also. The problem is that the client could do any number of things when it knows where the broker is, or when it knows where the Data Managers are.

Martin...