Re: [cosmos-dev] Tracking enhancement requests that span multiple iterations

i'm ok with this approach given that any "children" enhancements must have a link back to the parent so we can track the dependencies and easily determine what is a complete set of work.
valentina, how did tptp manage this?
-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/17/07 11:17 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Tracking enhancement requests that span multiple        iterations

Mark,

There are (and will be more and more) enhancement requests that will span multiple iterations.  How should we track these?

In http://wiki.eclipse.org/COSMOS_Design_197867, there is an example of splitting up the enhancement request into multiple “phases” by tagging each use case with the iteration it will be completed in; is this an acceptable paradigm?  My $.02: I propose we keep this approach, unless someone has a problem with this; or has a drastically better approach.

Thanks,
Jimmy Mohsin
+1-609-635-1703