Re: [cosmos-dev] Oliver Action Item - Elevator Pitch

3/21 11am EDT works for me as well.
-mw

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | Tivoli | Autonomic Computing | (919) 543 0625 | weitzelm@xxxxxxxxxx

Craig Thomas <cthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/16/2007 04:55 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Judy Schramm <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [cosmos-dev] Oliver Action Item - Elevator Pitch

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for pulling this together.

With regard to meeting logistics, here are my preferences:

  1. Mon, 19-Mar, 2pm EDT/11am PDT
  2. Wed, 21-Mar, 2pm EDT/11am PDT
  3. Wed, 21-Mar, 4pm EDT/1pm PDT

Here's a start at the elevator pitch requirements from my end...

As a constituent of the users of the June delivery of COSMOS, here is
what I would like to be able to present to the executives here at
GroundWork (in no particular order):

   * Explanation of the state of implementation in June, and a roadmap
     toward the remaining work.
   * Overview of the Eclipse COSMOS community, including an
     understanding of the level of resource commitment from the
     participants.
   * Status of SML and CML standards, including an understanding of the
     ways (in addition to Eclipse COSMOS) that these standards are
     being adopted.
   * Adopter's guide for the June release. This would include just
     enough documentation to allow GroundWork to estimate the work
     needed to integrate a new data collector, a new repository, and a
     simplistic user interface.

With this information, I could inform the executive team of progress,
let them understand how other companies in the community have supported
the work, and propose continued or increased commitment to the community.

The first bullet, the "state of implementation", could be served by
pictures, one with some boxes grayed out to indicate work beyond June,
and one or more showing the gray boxes gaining color over subsequent
release points.

That last bullet, the "Adopter's guide", would just be a set of
references to the documentation we are already planning for the
components in the release. I'm not picturing anything extensive or fancy
here.

Hope that's the kind of thing you were looking for. If not, please let
me know.

Thanks,
   Craig.