[cosmos-dev] Oliver Action Item - Elevator Pitch

I assume that this reaches the right group. Specifically, I need to set up a conference call with those who desire/need to have input into the cosmos elevator speech. I will now state some stuff that I *think* is true, feel free to let loose the slings and arrows of constructive discussion.

The identified "users" of the June delivery are GroundWorks, CA, IBM, Compuware (or at least their representatives on the COSMOS group). We haven't identified any outside users of the June delivery.

Each of these "users" will go back to their organizations in June to demonstrate COSMOS progress and try to get ongoing (and additional buy-in) to the group. The use case boils down to doing a presentation to "management" and having sufficient COSMOS software that a developer, who is not part of the COSMOS effort, can experiment with what is there (in case management decides to do some investigations).

So, we should have an outline of that presentation as part of the deliverable (I will call this the powerpoint). Each "user" may likely customize the powerpoint, but creating the common powerpoint early on will help guide priorities between now and June. Also, knowing what our technical development users r will want to examine can help us focus our documentation task and feature implementation.

On the call, I would like each of the 4 users (in turn) to discuss the message that their management will want to hear in June. The intersection of these 4 is the place to start for the slides, our priorities and our elevator speech. Once we have this Venn diagram of messages, we can make a first pass at the elevator speech, priorities and the like.

Ok, now the hard part. Scheduling. Is there any better way to schedule than the brutish manual way? If so, let me know....

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are generally good for me. One hour is sufficient, if the "users" have thought about their pitch beforehand.....

--oec

Oliver E Cole                                  oec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
OC Systems                                     www.ocsystems.com
9990 Lee Hwy, Suite 270                        (v) 703.359.8160 x160
Fairfax, VA, 22030 (f) 703.359.8161

Back to the top