Re: [cdt-dev] Are managed projects a requirement/recommendation or the new build system is enough?

> On 9 Dec 2020, at 00:56, Martin Weber <fifteenknots505@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Well, after 7 year of driving through CDT code base: It depends on being a
> masochist or not :-)

Actually the question was different: is CDT without MBS, at this moment, able to support something functional? In other words, if I start a new build plug-in based on CDT without MBS, can I get multiple build configurations and a functional indexer, or I have to patch/rewrite half of CDT (like I had to do with the GDB Hardware plug-ins) in order to achieve this?

Since after evaluating the current CDT cmake, and seeing that cmake4eclipse also uses mbs, I'm not so sure about this.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top