RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Fall Summit

Oh, yeah, and it’s generally a 3 day event, Tues-Thu.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:30 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT Fall Summit

Hey gang,

Every year for the last three years, we’ve had a fall CDT contributors summit here in Ottawa, Canada. The purpose of the summit is to bring all the people that contribute to the CDT together in one room and plan for the next release and beyond. This is mainly in the form of feature and design reviews as contributors present what they would like to do and the audience provides feedback. We cover all aspects: editor, indexer, build, debug, and extensibility.

We are thinking of doing the same this year, although the location may change but will likely be here or Toronto. Preferably, I’d like to have it in late September which will fit perfectly between 4.0.1 and the start of development for 4.1 (or whatever we end up calling next year’s release). Also, as we get too big to hold it on a corporate site, we’ll need to book an off-site facility, which would need to be subsidized by a registration fee.

To help with the planning, I need to get a sense of how many people would be interested in attending. Please send me a private e-mail if you are with some additional information like preferences on location, dates, and whether you mind paying a small ($100-200 US) fee to attend in a nice facility.

Thanks,

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems