RE: [cdt-dev] External dependencies

Hi Craig,

>I've tried playing around with the findDependencies() method in
>the IManagedDependencyGenerator interface (for Calculator
>type TYPE_EXTERNAL) and I believe I've found a bug.  If the resource
>is hello.c and I return a dependency on resource hello.h, then I get
>
>hello.o: /Hello/hello.h
>
>in subdir.mk.  Note the path /Hello where Hello is the project name.
>I assume this path is an error.  If so, I'll submit it as a bug.

Yes, that is an error.  I assume that you have MBS sources.  If so, the
GnuMakefileGenerator.calculateDependenciesForSource should call
getProjectRelativePath rather than getFullPath.

I don't have a test case for this code path.  If you could send me your
dependency calculator it would make it easier for me to create a test
case.

>Also, if I  provide multiple dependencies, they will be output one
>per line, e.g.,
>
>hello.o: /Hello/hello.h
>hello.o: /Hello/file2.h
>
>Is this the expected behaviour?

That is intentional, but it wouldn't be hard to change if you think it
would be better to have:

hello.o: hello.h file2.h

Also, there is a problem with the current IManagedDependencyManager
interface.  The methods use IResource arguments.  Using IResource
restricts the files described to be physically located under the
Workspace directory.  These should be IPath arguments instead.  I'm
considering adding a new interface (and deprecating the old one) for
3.0.1 or 3.1.

Regards,
Leo