Re: [cdt-dev] Unable to use CDT

Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2005 15:32 schrieb Jean-Eric Cuendet <jec@xxxxxxxx>
[[cdt-dev] Unable to use CDT]:

> I downloaded and installed Eclipse 3.1 which works OK.
> I then downloaded CDT 3.0 (or is there another way, unable to get it
> with Soft updates...?) but after unpacking it in the eclipse dir,
> Eclipse doesn't give me the option of creating a C++ project...
>
> What am I missing?

Don´t really know.

Installing via "Software Updates" usually works. You did follow the steps
described here: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/eclipse3.1,
didn´t you?

On the other hand:
I experienced the same problem a few days ago, which surprised me ´cause I
installed earlier CDT 3 pre-releases in the same way successfully (3.0 seemed
to be unavailable via update manager at that time).
But since I also installed and deinstalled Eclipse, CDT, WTP, ... a couple of
times just before that problem arose I thought I´d messed up something there.

I solved my problem by
o  unpacking CDT somewhere else (a dir "eclipse" will be created holding the
    contents of the zip-File),
o  then putting a file ".eclipseextension" into that "eclipse" dir,
o   and finally using "Help" -> "Software Updates" -> "Manage Configuration"
    -> "Add an extension location".

You could also try the following:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/cdt-home/user/faq.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project#install_50
or try to start eclipse with "-clean" option.

Good luck
Heiko

Back to the top