RE: [cdt-dev] Respin of CDT-2.0.1(a) ... libspawner

> Does anybody what to add more defects?  (I would like to try to limit
> the defects to critical ones)

I've got one that I'd be interested in having fixed.  I'm busy typing it up right now.  The gist of it is that the wrong thread is selected in the LaunchView if a breakpoint is encountered in any thread but the first one and the Debug Perspective is not open.  It seems that "Hit Breakpoint -> Activate Debug Perspective" will select the correct thread, but "Hit Breakpoint -> Open Debug Perspective" will select thread #1.

(We run into this problem all the time because our development environment is such that our "applications" are implemented as DLLs that are run inside of their own threads inside of an actual host application.  When we start debugging, we start the host, schedule the "application as a DLL" to be launched, set a breakpoint on it, and then launch it in its own thread.  Thus, the first breakpoint encountered is in a thread other than thread #1.  This contrasts to typical C/C++ development, where the first breakpoint encountered is in main() in thread #1.)

-- Keith Rollin
-- Developer Tools engineer
-- PalmSource, Inc.

Back to the top