[cdt-dev] Help! Can't set up my shared cygwin lib project!

Hi,

usally I create my own working shared Cygwin-Lib "MyLib" by calling the following command line:

---
$ g++ -shared -Wl,--out-implib=libMyLib.dll.a -o cygMyLib.dll ABC.o DEF.o GHI.o JKL.o -Wl,--export-all-symbols /lib/libNeededLib.dll.a
---

Now I am trying to integrate the making of my lib into an eclipse3.0/CDT 2.0 project.

The first thing I do, is to call the C/C++ Build properties of my project. Then I enter my build output "cygMyLib.dll" (Active Configuration/Manage...).

After that I set the shared flag in the "Shared Library Settings" section. "Shared object name" gets the value "libMyLib.so", "Import Library name" gets "libMyLib.dll.a".

Finally, I set linker flags (found in Miscellaneous) to "-Wl,--export-all-symbols /lib/libNeededLib.dll.a".

The problem is, that my managed makefile looks like this:

---
cygMyLib.dll: $(OBJS)
	@echo 'Building target: $@'
	null null $@ $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS) $(LIBS)
	@echo 'Finished building: $@'
---

After building, an error is reported:

---
make: null: Command not found
---

Shouldn't there be "g++" instead of "null null"? Are my settings wrong for shared cygwin lib? If only there was a tutorial about such a project...

-Patrick

Back to the top