Re: [cdt-dev] Toolchains in CDT

> > > Ok, here is an example, the binaryParser.
> >
> > > The way it is done now, IBinaryParser is an extension point, It is set
> > on the=20
> > > project via the PropertyPage, some parsers say the GNUElf parser needs
> > tools, and > they provide a UI to set the paths, for things like
> > addr2line, c++filt etc ..
> >
> > > What will be the workflow now ?
> >

> Bonjour
>
>   The folks here bounce your ideas on the toolchain on different
> scenarios.
> It seems a more appropriate thing for the Managed Builder, specially when
> dealing
> with paths.

May I once again bring in my ideas in bugzilla #37124 and #44279. I think
37124 is actually obsolete, as the current managed builders just do it. (Well,
ok with quirks, but they do.) ;)

But I still would say that the issues in 44279, would maybe bring some
relief in the path problems.
Just select you toolchain, but give the user an option, where its toolchain
is located. Then use this base path, not only for calling tools, but also for
the base to standard headers and libraries (hmm, that's part of the
toolchain adapters info-provider anyway).

my 0.02?, Henning