RE: [cdt-dev] Toolchains in CDT

Also maybe one other thing to take in consideration in the architecture
is that the eclipse platform wanted to integrate some generic concepts.
I wonder if the toolchain was part of that or not. If it is the case I
guess we should try to push the abstraction a bit further - something
like a toolchain is a set of tools. Then from there we could have a C
toolchain definition which would be more specific to C functionalities.

Just some thoughts on the overall debate.

Pierre-Alexandre