Re: [cdt-dev] hoverhelp confusion

This was put back after is was mistakenly remove from a patch from Thomas Fletcher, if yours is a replacement for this, then we would be interested in looking at what you have, and hopefully incorporate this new mechanism, did you have any proposal/plan written up that we could look at to understand the big picture on this new hover help contribution.

Also, have you looked at JDT hover help mechanism, it has user preferences to control the type of hover info available when different key modifiers are used, for example, holding 'ctrl' down while hovering will show the source code of a method, something similar could be use in CDT if we have multiple hover help contributors.

Thoughts?

Dave.

Chris Moller wrote:

David,

I've been putting together a CDT C hoverhelp extension for the last few months and I was kicking it off though DefaultCEditorTextHover.getHoverInfo(), but I've just noticed that in the latest DefaultCEditorTextHover.java getHoverInfo() has a line:

IFunctionSummary fs = CCompletionContributorManager.getDefault().getFunctionInfo(expression);

right where I'd been putting

IFunctionSummary fs = CTextHoverContributorManager.getDefault().getFunctionInfo(expression);

Should completion stuff be called by getHoverInfo()? If so, how does it distinguish between completion events (ctrl-something, I think) and hover events?

Thanks,
Chris Moller
Senior Hacker,
Red Hat, Inc.