Re: [cdt-dev] hoverhelp confusion

David Inglis wrote:
This was put back after is was mistakenly remove from a patch from Thomas Fletcher, if yours is a replacement for this, then we would be interested in looking at what you have, and hopefully incorporate this new mechanism, did you have any proposal/plan written up that we could look at to understand the big picture on this new hover help contribution.

When I started this, there was no apparent working CDT hover help, so I was, I thought, writing it from scratch.

I've got some stuff written up on what I'm trying to implement -- mostly completed, actually -- I'll dig it up and post it here.

Also, have you looked at JDT hover help mechanism,

I only glanced at the JDT hover help -- Eclipse in general and even CDT are a bit overwhelming to a newbie Eclipse hacker.

it has user preferences to control the type of hover info available when different key modifiers are used, for example, holding 'ctrl' down while hovering will show the source code of a method, something similar could be use in CDT if we have multiple hover help contributors.

I'll poke at the preferences/key modifier mechanisms and see if there's some way I can get my code to co-exist with the existing stuff.

Chris

Thoughts?

Dave.

Back to the top