[cdt-dev] hoverhelp confusion

David,

I've been putting together a CDT C hoverhelp extension for the last few months and I was kicking it off though DefaultCEditorTextHover.getHoverInfo(), but I've just noticed that in the latest DefaultCEditorTextHover.java getHoverInfo() has a line:

IFunctionSummary fs = CCompletionContributorManager.getDefault().getFunctionInfo(expression);

right where I'd been putting

IFunctionSummary fs = CTextHoverContributorManager.getDefault().getFunctionInfo(expression);

Should completion stuff be called by getHoverInfo()? If so, how does it distinguish between completion events (ctrl-something, I think) and hover events?

Thanks,
Chris Moller
Senior Hacker,
Red Hat, Inc.