Re: [cdt-dev] use of 'make' in generated makefiles

Bug.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Tracy Miranda" <TMIRANDA@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/12/2003 10:27 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] use of 'make' in generated makefiles

In a managed make project, if I reference another project, the generated
makefile produces a line that cds to that project and runs a make all,
e.g.
        cd D:/temp/test3/eclipse/runtime-workspace/test/Release; make all
Note 'make' is used instead of $(MAKE) variable - this means if I use a
different type of make to build the original file, this isn't propagated
through when building the reference project. Is this a bug, or is there a
reason it needs to be done like this ?

Tracy Miranda
Altera Europe
High Wycombe,Bucks