Re: [cdt-dev] is Win98 a supported platform ?

> Hello,
>
> > (1) Fall back to java.lang.Process
> > (2) find the cycles to make this work on win98
> >
> > We are looking at (1)
> > and (2) will depend on the feedbacks we get.
>
> Could you please point me to where I can find the source code for the spawner code? I want to have a look at it. I suspect, there's a solution to make it compatible to WIN 95/98/ME.
>
> > I don't see 98 as an important platform. You can't get anything Windows
> > except XP from Dell and we work on XP just fine. This is a problem that
> > time will solve because the number of active use Win 98 boxes is going to
> > go down at a nice clip now.
>
> Yes, may be WIN 98 is out of date. But there are a lot of people using Windows ME.

see
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/cdt-home/developer/build/developingCDT.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project
for building CDT from cvs.

The java code of Spawner is under:

  org.eclipse.cdt.core/
		utils/org/eclipse/cdt/utils/spawner/Spawner.java

The Windows fragment(JNI C/C++ implementation):
  org.eclipse.cdt.core.win32/
		library/*.c

  It is separated in two, code for a small executable call "starter.exe"
  this allow us, especially for Java-1.3.x, to exec() external application without
  the annoying DOS console terminal popping everywhere. And code for the JNI implementation
  in libspawner.dll.

Back to the top