[bpel-dev] BPEL Project questions

Hi All!
Sybase is interested in BPEL Designer project and is prepared to lend a hand in designing/developing the project to ensure its success. I  will be the primary contact from Sybase side to keep my finger on the pulse, but I'm still getting my feet wet with BPEL so please forgive me if some of my questions appear naive.  I would like to pose following questions/issues to the BPEL Designer project team:
1. I'm sure there are still lots of BPEL engines out there that are not yet 2.0 compliant (whatever THAT means!) and probably won't be even after Oasis has finalized the 2.0 spec. Are there plans to support BPEL 1.1 as well as 2.0? I understand that one of the milestone goals is to maintain the internal DOM in parallel with the BPEL EMF model. It seems like a simple matter to swap out the 2.0 model with the 1.1 model (I'm sure that code is still lying around somewhere, yes?) and generate/consume 1.1 instead of 2.0 BPEL. Was this the intent of maintaining the DOM?
2. It seems that JBoss is likely to become the reference runtime, yes? Is there any information regarding the debugging APIs (if any) that JBoss will provide? What level of debugging is planned for the BPEL Editor? Graphical? BPEL Source? (both would be very desirable)
3. I know BPEL validation is one area that is still in the design phase. Has there been any progress in this area?
4. BPEL 2.0 provides limited access to msg headers which typically contain security certificates. Can the 1.1 model be extended to provide similar functionality?
5. Will the BPEL project track the eclipse 3.x release train, or is it anticipated that platform migration is a lower priority?
6. We have a need to be able to handle DND drops onto the editor canvas (as invoked services). Will the BPEL Designer expose an extension point to allow this?
Thanks for your responses. Sybase are willing to make contributions to the project in any/all of these areas, so please let me know where we can help out!

Regards/Mit Freundlichen Gruessen,
Bob

Back to the top