Re: [bpel-dev] Type browser added.

Thomas Schulze wrote:
Hi Michal,

sounds good. Does it show types defined inline in a WSDL too or will this
be added later?
Good point.

When browsing the imported types (that are actually in the BPEL), then the types inside WSDLs are also shown.

Browsing for types in project/workspace or else where currently does not include WSDLs, just XSDs.

Which really just brings up the issue of how to best manage WSDL imports. If you want to include a type present in some XSD, then this alone makes the import necessary for that XSD.

With WSDL imports, you could argue that they are not needed until a partner link is created which wants to make use of a certain wsdl. Presumably, the types present in the wsdl are for the benefit of the interaction with the partner.

So, the question is, where to manage the WSDL imports best ?

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

Michal Chmielewski <michal.chmielews To ki@xxxxxxxxxx> "BPEL Designer project developer Sent by: discussions." bpel-dev-bounces@ <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> eclipse.org cc Subject 07.07.2006 02:35 [bpel-dev] Type browser added. Please respond to "BPEL Designer project developer discussions." <bpel-dev@eclipse .org>

I have checked in the type browser which is available when you browse
for variable types (so define a variable and try navigating to it's type).

Currently, the type browser will look in either (1) imports, (2) your
project, or (3) your workspace to find types (by types I mean just XSD
files). I thought that perhaps using the XML catalog or some other URL
start point you could also extend the browsing capability to ... well
anything. But for now, that is not there. Perhaps some more input from
whomever has some input :-)

--
Michal Chmielewski, CMST, Oracle Corp,
W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321

"Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."