Re: [babel-dev] Does Eclipse Babel suffer from the "not invented here" syndrome?

Hi Denis,

I was aware of the Aptana contribution but I must say that from the
translator perspective this is a really poor functional package
(unless I missed a huge part of it).
I saw in the API plans
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel_/_Server_Tool_Project_Plan) that you
were planing to add new features to help translators.
Fine, but shouldn't the team concentrate on having the best tools
available as soon as possible for the translators?
After all, the real goal is having the Eclipse projects translated,
not creating new tools, or am I wrong?

Regards
Claude Vedovini
http://vedovini.net/

>  Hi Claude,
>
>  We didn't actually start something on our own.  The Babel project
>  started under a premise that Aptana contribute the code to a web app
>  that they were using for the translation of their own applications.
>
>     http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/babel/
>     http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/babel-dev/msg00002.html
>
>  We could have started with anything, really, and the Aptana contribution
>  gave us a great head start.
>
>  Denis

Back to the top