Re: [babel-dev] Does Eclipse Babel suffer from the "not invented here" syndrome?

Claude,
A good question, thanks. If you look at Pootle, you'll see that it's GPL'ed. The Eclipse Foundation uses EPL plus EPL and GPL are incompatible licenses. Thus we could not have an Eclipse project (Babel) that included Pootle code.

- Bjorn
 Here is the point: There are already advanced tools in the open source
 space that enable to localize projects on-line. I am more specifically
 thinking about pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/) and the
 translate toolkit that cover at least most of the on-line translation
 use-cases.

--
New Page 1 [end of message]

Back to the top