[babel-dev] Does Eclipse Babel suffer from the "not invented here" syndrome?

Hello everyone,

 I hope you won't mind the controversial subject line :)

 I actually was unable to find the mailing list archive search so I do
 not know if the subject has already been debated.
 If this is the case sorry to ask again and thanks for pointing me to
 the appropriate thread.

 Here is the point: There are already advanced tools in the open source
 space that enable to localize projects on-line. I am more specifically
 thinking about pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/) and the
 translate toolkit that cover at least most of the on-line translation
 use-cases.

 Why did you choose to start creating something of your own instead of
 adopting such tool and contribute to it?

 Thanks for the highlight,
 Claude Vedovini
 http://vedovini.net/

Back to the top