[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [babel-dev] Babel Translation Server UI
- From: Gabe O'Brien <gabe.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:46:00 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20071022)
I started working on the screen shot you sent out. Showing the
files that string came from seem like a good idea for someone who knows
the Eclipse project from the inside, but for your average Joe translator
it might not help much (which is why it didn't occur to me). That said
I implemented it anyway because it helped solve another issue I was
working on, how slow the staging server was. It turns out trying to
download and process all the translatable strings for Eclipse at once is
the string was by the file they came from.
If anyone has a link to a good article on how to handle large ajax
data sets, it would be interesting to read up on.
As for the rest of the screen shot and your ideas, I will be
working through them over the next few weeks.
Kit Lo wrote:
Here is my idea of the Babel Translation Server UI. Please comment.
- "Status" shows percentage of translated and voted keys in file
- when a translation is saved, "Translated By" column will show the ID
who saved the translation
- when a translation is verified and voted, "Voted By" column will
show the ID who verified the translation
- if someone does not like the current translation, and if he has a
newer translation, he may enter the new translation, enter a comment,
and save the translation. The "Voted By" column will be cleared. The
translation needs to be voted again.
- if someone does not like the current translation, but he does not
have a new translation, he may enter and save a comment. The "Voted
By" column will be cleared.
- there may be a need to reverting the translation after testing or
unsatisfied translation. Clicking the "Revert Translation" button will
clear the translation. The "Translated By" column and the "Voted By"
column will both be cleared. (Of course, the ID who reverted the
translation will be logged.)
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
babel-dev mailing list