[aspectj-users] aop.xml not being picked up

I have a Spring-based webapp with which I have been successfully using Spring AOP to perform logging at specific pointcuts. I now have to perform some logging and profiling on objects and methods which are not managed by Spring; in order to do so, I decided to change from Spring AOP to AspectJ LTW. My Spring aspect is already annotated in using @Aspect, @Pointcut and @Around/@Before annotations, so I thought it would be a relatively straightforward process.

After monkeying with the webapp classloader, I have successfully managed to get the classloader to find Spring aspect; at least I believe I have, based on this logging output:
[TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader@13b3d473] info AspectJ Weaver Version 1.6.9 built on Monday Jul 5, 2010 at 15:28:35 GMT
[TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader@13b3d473] info register classloader org.springframework.instrument.classloading.tomcat.TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader@13b3d473
[TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader@13b3d473] info using configuration file:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.26/webapps/<mywebapp>/WEB-INF/lib/spring-aspects-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar!/META-INF/aop.xml
[TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader@13b3d473] info register aspect org.springframework.beans.factory.aspectj.AnnotationBeanConfigurerAspect
[TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader@13b3d473] info register aspect org.springframework.transaction.aspectj.AnnotationTransactionAspect

However, as can be seen in the output, it is still not picking up my aop.xml located in my web app at META-INF/aop.xml. I am open to suggestions on additional avenues I can take to debug this problem.

Thanks,
Will

Back to the top