Re: [aspectj-users] Proposal of a Patch for Scala

It compiles fine.  However, as I said, the problem may be my pointcut
is not driving the necessary analysis.  Are you able to tell me what
pointcuts you are using to trigger the failure?

As a matter of fact, I don't use any AspectJ pointcuts directly. The reason why I use AspectJ's LTW is that I have learned to love the advantages of Spring's `Configurable' annotation, which I find ingenious beacause it leads to less cluttered and more legible code.

Based on your note and that bug report, there is a problem that
AspectJ is a bit dumb about looking for the outer class and if you use
names containing dollars (which are valid), it needs to be smarter.
What I'm after here is a demo piece of java code that surfaces the
dumbness so I can apply the patch and fix it.  As the patch in the bug
suggests, there are attributes around in the class file that give you
proper information about inner classes, and they could be used to make
the weaver do the right thing.

I never claimed my "patch" was a decent one, in fact it is nothing more than a quick and dirty hack I did last night to solve the most urgent problems. Tonight I incorporated Linas's patch, and it works fine for me. It looks like he did "the real thing" although from looking at the source, I could not tell if he did everything alright.

How is "outer class" defined here? As a class's next outer class, or as the outermost class of the compilation unit? (I reckon the first, else it would be too trivial.) I was a bit confused by the identifier `superClassName' because I don't think a superclass is meant here---maybe `outerClassName' would be a better identifier (at the end of `BcelObjectType.getOuterClass').

As for the regression tests, I don't think I could deliver some tangible help, Andy, because I'm not at all familiar with the classes that Linas is using.

---Phil

Back to the top