Re: [aspectj-users] Proposal of a Patch for Scala

Andy Clement wrote:

If you can build a simple testcase that shows the problem (which ought
to be possible without using scalac as it is just a naming problem), I
will work to put the patch from the bug in.

I'm not sure if this is really only a naming problem. Currently, for a class name like `Outer$$anon$1', the weaver will look for an outer class named `Outer$$anon', which is straight-forward and perfectly sensible from the weaver's point of view.

I'd need more knowledge about the Scala-generated bytecode here---my suspection is that there is no inner class named `anon' but that the name of the inner class is actually `$anon$1', hence `Outer' would be the next possible outer class.

Outer.java
public class Outer {
  public class Inner$1 {
  }
  public class Inner$$$1$$2 {
  }
}

What happens if you insert an inner class named `$anon$1' there?

---Ph.

Back to the top