Re: [aspectj-users] Unrecognized joinpoints

Thanks for helping, Wes. I rather searched for an explaination then a solution.

Have a nice day,
Christopher
Am 07.03.2005 um 18:06 schrieb Wes Isberg:

You're right to expect no difference between if and else blocks,
though if you have unreasonably large blocks, BCEL might fail silently
(a bug, but not high traffic if you need a program to create the program).
Also realize that some anonymous inner classes are not recognized
as within({enclosingClass}) because of how Java implements the bytecode.
You can try it on the command-line to see if it's AJDT or ajc.

Otherwise, please submit as a bug.  You might choose to submit
the target .class (and what's required to load it) to avoid the
hassle of narrowing it down.

Wes

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AspectJ
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AJDT

From: Christopher Rölle <c.roelle@xxxxxx>
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, Mar-7-2005 5:06 AM
Subject: [aspectj-users] Unrecognized joinpoints

Hello Everyone,

to check for every joinpoint in a class, I wrote a JoinPointFinder:

public aspect joinpointFinder {
     pointcut Finder() :
         within(de.[...].MyClass);

     before () : Finder() {
         declare warning : Finder() : "Hello Seeker!";
     }
}

Works fine so far within the Eclipse ennvironment, but in one class a
curious error occurred. Checking a method with an big IF and ELSE
Block, which contains similar code, my JoinPointFinder only found the
Joinpoints in the IF-Block and ignored the Joinpoints in the ELSO
Block. I worked with Eclipse and got only the sidebar marker in the
IF-Block. Also manually addressing and Joinpoint in the ELSE-Block
failed. All this is reproducible, but only with this class, no other or

dummy class. Does this sound more like an Eclipe-PlugIn problem or an
AspectJ compiler problem? Is maybe anyone familiar with this Problem?

Thanks in advance,
Christopher