Re: On-List attachments = good. WAS: Re: [aspectj-users] Troubles with packages and pointcuts

Hi Nick,

My reasoning for suggesting an example project was simply to save filling up the inboxes of list subscribers. Admittedly, Cyrill's example project was small (and allowed the problem to be easily diagnosed and fixed) but that will obviously not be something we can take as a given in every problem situation. It would be worthwhile seeing what other subscribers think.

To gauge the level of interest that the *on- list* project attachment under discussion got, perhaps Cyrill could let us know how many solutions it generated.

Best  regards,
George
George C. Harley

Nicholas Lesiecki <ndlesiecki@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

30/10/2004 16:05

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
On-List attachments = good. WAS: Re: [aspectj-users] Troubles with packages and pointcuts

Hi,

This problem will probably be solved by the time I get internet access
again, so I won't speak to it (I'm on a plane). However, In response to
the suggestion that the sample be sent  offlist, I do want to voice my
opinion in _favor_ of attaching simple examples (especially as eclipse
projects) to the list. Small projects don't eat up much disk space, and
they allow interested mail-followers to DL and try the problem right
away, rather than waste time in a
"request-project-wait-receive-project-then-test" cycle. An inline code
sample showing the "heart of the problem" always helps too. So, thanks
Cyril, for doing everything right. In gratitude, I'll give your problem
a crack if no one has solved it by the time I next get connected.

Cheers,
Nick

On Oct 28, 2004, at 9:43 PM, Cyrill Rüttimann wrote:

> Hi George, Ron,
>
> In the attachment is the project (20kb).
>>
>> I cannot recreate what you are describing. Please could you send me,
>> off list, an Eclipse project that shows up this problem. The smaller
>> the project, the better.
>>

> Please have a look at ContractShowCase.dummyMethod, it is adviced only
> once by ContractSamePackageContract, but should also adviced by
> ContractAspect. I have integrated both aspects to show the difference
> regarding the package.
>
> Hopefully not a "simple" mistake :-)
>

> Regards,
>
> Cyrill
>

> <ContractShowCase.zip>

Nicholas Lesiecki
Software Craftsman, specializing in J2EE,
Agile Methods, and aspect-oriented programming

Books:
* Mastering AspectJ: http://tinyurl.com/66vf
* Java Tools for Extreme Programming: http://tinyurl.com/66vt

Articles on AspectJ: