[aspectj-users] A huge thank-you to Jim Hugunin

The news is finally breaking of Jim Hugunin's move to join the CLR team at
Microsoft:
http://www.theserverside.net/news/thread.tss?thread_id=27689

As many of you know, Jim led the AspectJ implementation team at PARC for
many years and has played a huge role in making AspectJ the success that
it is today. Jim is an extraordinary individual and it has been a pleasure
to work with him on the AspectJ project. He left behind very big shoes to
fill when he stepped down as leader of the AspectJ project and handed over
to me. If I do half as well as Jim did in the role, I shall be very happy.

Please join me in thanking Jim for all of his contributions to AOP and to
AspectJ. Jim, your implementation more than anything else proved that this
stuff was real, we all owe you a great deal.

I wish you every success in your new role, and hope that we get to work
together again at some point in the future.
Thanks, Adrian.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top