Re: [aspectj-users] Use of wildcards in pointcut designators....

Hi Swati,

First of all, what's the name of the class that the methods are on? Also, you seem to be confusing wildcard behavior on the components of a Signature (as the single parameter to a call pcd) with wildcards on a String.

If, for example, the class that contained the methods was MyClass then the following pcd should work to capture all three calls:

pointcut outputLog() : call(* MyClass.f*(..));

This doesn't treat the modifier as a string, rather an enumeration that we simply are not interested in. Hope this helps :)

AspectJ is at 1.2 and is available for download from www.eclipse.org/aspectj. This is the usual distribution with a compile time weaver as well as some work done on load time weaving (see older postings to this list for info on that).

Cheers,

Russ