[aspectj-users] Farewell and thanks

I have just accepted an offer to join the Common Language Runtime (CLR) team
at Microsoft.  Over the past year I've been spending increasing time working
with this platform and becoming excited by its potential.  If you're
interested in more information about this work go to http://ironpython.com.

As a result of this move, I have resigned my position as a committer on the
AspectJ project.  It was just over a year ago that I transferred the project
lead position to Adrian Colyer.  Since then, Adrian has done an amazing job
including the recent 1.2 release and I can't imagine a better person to take
AspectJ further.

It's been a wild and fun 5 years for me working with AspectJ.  I want to
thank all of my co-workers on the AspectJ team through the years.  I also
want to thank the users of AspectJ who continually gave me the encouragement
to keep driving this technology forward.  I'll always have a warm spot in my
heart for those brave souls who used AspectJ as early as 0.7 in production
systems.  It's been an amazing time.

Thanks and keep in touch,
Jim Hugunin

Back to the top