Re: [aperi-dev] Problems and doubts about Aperi SRM and San Simulator

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone. The real problem had been the 'space' between the "Program Files". In "simulator_start_cimom.bat" a check is made like *if exist %JAVA_HOME%\LICENSE goto JAVA_OK*. Because of the presence of 'space' in JAVA_HOME the condition turned out to be 'false' and everything got collapsed. I modified the bat file to *if exist "%JAVA_HOME%\LICENSE" goto JAVA_OK* (and again I got the same problem... but this time, it is from the construction of one more variable called JAVA which uses JAVA_HOME to execute java command. I changed there also to include the quotes) and it worked fine.

I think it would be really great if the bat files are changed in the installation source itself to have quotes in them (and it may save a lot of time to those who will try in the future). I think the workaround in the thread http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aperi-dev/msg00915.html had worked because the java EE sdk by default gets installed in "C:\sun\sdk\" and it has no spaces. That work around did not work for me as I had already changed the bat files to have *set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11*.

Ramani, I will now try your workaround\hack for simulating both storage and switch at the same time. But I have a small doubt. You said like, simulating two storage subsystem is easy. I want to know how? Should I change the conf file corresponding to the storage subsystem I am going to simulate? If so, could you please guide me how to do that? (I will try out the tunneling stuffs now to simulate both switch and storage. If I face problems, I will send out a mail immediately).

===the content below is a small doubt in one of the classes org.eclipse.aperi.simulator.ui.CompileMof. Anyone interested could clarify my curious doubt===

As Pallavi suggested I went through SetupWizard.log and found that the error "Error Compiling MOFs" come from org.eclipse.aperi.simulator.ui.SetupProcess SetupSANSimulator method which in turn called org.eclipse.aperi.simulator.ui.CompileMOF compileMof method which I was responsible for the error message. I extracted the jar and decompiled the classes to see the source (I do not have aperi source yet) and found that, the SetupSANSimulator method in CompileMof class has a code segment:

File mofFiles[] = mofFileLoc.listFiles();
    for(int i = 0; i < mofFiles.length; i++)
    {
        if(!mofFiles[i].getAbsoluteFile().toString().contains("Interop"))
            continue;
        compileMofFileCommand = "\"" + SetupWizardUtility.getProperty("DIRECTORY_LOCATION_TO_INSTALL_CIMOM") + "\\wbemservices\\bin\\mofcomp.bat" + "\"" + "  -u administrator -p passw0rd " + "\"" + mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath();
        logger.info("Compile Mof Command: " + compileMofFileCommand);
        if(executeCommand(compileMofFileCommand) != 1)
            return false;
    }
    for(int i = 0; i < mofFiles.length; i++)
    {
        if(mofFiles[i].getAbsoluteFile().toString().contains("Interop"))
            continue;
        compileMofFileCommand = "\"" + SetupWizardUtility.getProperty("DIRECTORY_LOCATION_TO_INSTALL_CIMOM") + "\\wbemservices\\bin\\mofcomp.bat" + "\"" + "  -u administrator -p passw0rd " + "\"" + mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath();
        logger.info("Compile Mof Command: " + compileMofFileCommand);
        if(executeCommand(compileMofFileCommand) != 1)
            return false;
    }

Curiosity No:
  1. The created compileMofFileCommand does not close the opened quote for mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath(). Is there any specific reason for that?
  2. In both the for loops, the if condition is just the opposite to each other. So, any how all the files will be processed. Then why should there be two *for* loops? What difference it would make if there was only one *for* loop with no *if* condition?
I would soon send mails with the status about tunneling and simulating storage and switch at the same time.

Thanks for all your helps!
Regards,
Amudhan.

<d63f450804290643g18fce2fft23d1d0eaca033451@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Amudhan
Gunasekaran" <amudhan.gg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,

> Also, what could be problem with the Aperi Agent? I got this exception when
> it starts.
>
> Exception in thread "Breadline" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: noTSRMnovell
> in java.library.path
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.eclipse.aperi.agent.util.NetWareLoader.loadNetWare(NetWareLoader.java:46
> )
>        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.ExecProbe.exec(ExecProbe.java:191)
>        at
> org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.InitialProbe.execute(InitialProbe.java:29)
>        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.worker.Worker.run(Worker.java:61)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What OS are you running the Aperi agent on?
Looks like NetWare? and afaik the NetWare specific agent
code is not included in Aperi - hence the class loader
failure.

Hth,
Robert