[aperi-dev] Problems and doubts about Aperi SRM and San Simulator

Hi all,

Is it possible to simulate more than one device using SAN simulator in a single machine? For example, if I want to simulate 2 storage devices and one switch, could I simulate them in a single machine? If not, what are the alternatives? If yes, could Aperi Storage Manager discover all of them?

Also, when I start Aperi (through C:\aperi\aperi.bat), the agent alone throws an exception.

Exception in thread "Breadline" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no TSRMnovell in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibra
ry(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.util.NetWareLoader.loadNetWare(NetWareLoader.java:46)
        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.ExecProbe.exec(ExecProbe.java:191)
        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.InitialProbe.execute(InitialProbe.java:29)
        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.worker.Worker.run(Worker.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What could be the possible solution?

Also, I got "Error compiling MOFs files!" error message in the final step in creating a simulated device (when the progress was 40%). I followed this thread: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aperi-dev/msg00915.html . I had Sun Java SDK 1.5 update 11. So, as mentioned in that thread, I downloaded java EE 5 sdk update 4 and then set the C:\sun\sdk (also tried c:\sun\sdk\jdk, c:\sun\sdk\jdk\jre) as JAVA_HOME and tried again, but the same "Error compiling MOFs files" in the same 40% progress. What am I doing wrong here?

Is it possible to get the details of the discovered san ids and luns with a program\script without running Aperi Storage Manager GUI? If so, could you please tell me how to do that, a program to get the details of discovered switches and luns by Aperi.

Thanks in advance,
Amudhan.

Back to the top