Re: [aperi-dev] Problems and doubts about Aperi SRM and San Simulator

Hi Amudhan,

Also, I got "Error compiling MOFs files!" error message in the final step
in creating a simulated device (when the progress was 40%). I followed this
thread: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aperi-dev/msg00915.html . I
had Sun Java SDK 1.5 update 11. So, as mentioned in that thread, I
downloaded java EE 5 sdk update 4 and then set the C:\sun\sdk (also tried
c:\sun\sdk\jdk, c:\sun\sdk\jdk\jre) as JAVA_HOME and tried again, but the
same "Error compiling MOFs files" in the same 40% progress. What am I doing
wrong here?

To see exact error message in mof compilation, please refer to
resources/SetupWizard.log file. Let us also know the contents of this log
file as it will help us comment  more on this problem. Also let us know the
following details about the simulation when you got this error
1. Simulation type (Snapshot based / Configuration based)
2. Device and its CIMOM version if its snapshot based simulation.

Thanks & Regards,
Pallavi Galgali, Shripad Nadgowda

             "Amudhan
             Gunasekaran"
             <amudhan.gg@gmail                                          To
             .com>                     aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             aperi-dev-bounces
             @eclipse.org                                          Subject
                                       [aperi-dev] Problems and doubts
                                       about Aperi SRM and San Simulator
             04/29/08 12:54 AM

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi all,

Is it possible to simulate more than one device using SAN simulator in a
single machine? For example, if I want to simulate 2 storage devices and
one switch, could I simulate them in a single machine? If not, what are the
alternatives? If yes, could Aperi Storage Manager discover all of them?

Also, when I start Aperi (through C:\aperi\aperi.bat), the agent alone
throws an exception.

Exception in thread "Breadline" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
TSRMnovell in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibra
ry(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
        at
org.eclipse.aperi.agent.util.NetWareLoader.loadNetWare(NetWareLoader.java:46)

        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.ExecProbe.exec(ExecProbe.java:191)
        at
org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.InitialProbe.execute(InitialProbe.java:29)
        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.worker.Worker.run(Worker.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What could be the possible solution?

Also, I got "Error compiling MOFs files!" error message in the final step
in creating a simulated device (when the progress was 40%). I followed this
thread: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aperi-dev/msg00915.html . I
had Sun Java SDK 1.5 update 11. So, as mentioned in that thread, I
downloaded java EE 5 sdk update 4 and then set the C:\sun\sdk (also tried
c:\sun\sdk\jdk, c:\sun\sdk\jdk\jre) as JAVA_HOME and tried again, but the
same "Error compiling MOFs files" in the same 40% progress. What am I doing
wrong here?

Is it possible to get the details of the discovered san ids and luns with a
program\script without running Aperi Storage Manager GUI? If so, could you
please tell me how to do that, a program to get the details of discovered
switches and luns by Aperi.

Thanks in advance,
aperi-dev mailing list
aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx