Re: [aperi-dev] Problems and doubts about Aperi SRM and San Simulator

Hi Amudhan,

Here are the answers to your 2 doubts on mof compilation.

   1. The created compileMofFileCommand does not close the opened quote for
      mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath(). Is there any specific reason for that?

   You point is valid. But since it is the end of the string, it really did
      not matter from the perspective of executing the command. Still we
      will make sure that this suggestion is incorporated in the next
      release.

   2. In both the for loops, the if condition is just the opposite to each
      other. So, any how all the files will be processed. Then why should
      there be two *for* loops? What difference it would make if there was
      only one *for* loop with no *if* condition?

   Here the requirement is to compile interop mof file first and the list
      may not have it first always. So first loop is required to compile
      interop mof file and the second one is used to compile rest all mof
      files. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks & Regards,

Pallavi Galgali
Storage Management
IBM India Systems & Technology Lab
SP Infocity, Ozone II GR-77, Pune
Office: 91-20-66592176
Mobile: 91-9890146585
TieLine: 92-47664

             "Amudhan
             Gunasekaran"
             <amudhan.gg@gmail                                          To
             .com>                     "Aperi Development"
             Sent by:                  <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             aperi-dev-bounces                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [aperi-dev] Problems and doubts
             04/30/08 01:31 AM         about Aperi SRM and San Simulator

             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone. The real problem had been the
'space' between the "Program Files". In "simulator_start_cimom.bat" a check
is made like *if exist %JAVA_HOME%\LICENSE goto JAVA_OK*. Because of the
presence of 'space' in JAVA_HOME the condition turned out to be 'false' and
everything got collapsed. I modified the bat file to *if exist
"%JAVA_HOME%\LICENSE" goto JAVA_OK* (and again I got the same problem...
but this time, it is from the construction of one more variable called JAVA
which uses JAVA_HOME to execute java command. I changed there also to
include the quotes) and it worked fine.

I think it would be really great if the bat files are changed in the
installation source itself to have quotes in them (and it may save a lot of
time to those who will try in the future). I think the workaround in the
thread http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aperi-dev/msg00915.html had
worked because the java EE sdk by default gets installed in "C:\sun\sdk\"
and it has no spaces. That work around did not work for me as I had already
changed the bat files to have *set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0
_11*.

Ramani, I will now try your workaround\hack for simulating both storage and
switch at the same time. But I have a small doubt. You said like,
simulating two storage subsystem is easy. I want to know how? Should I
change the conf file corresponding to the storage subsystem I am going to
simulate? If so, could you please guide me how to do that? (I will try out
the tunneling stuffs now to simulate both switch and storage. If I face
problems, I will send out a mail immediately).

===the content below is a small doubt in one of the classes
org.eclipse.aperi.simulator.ui.CompileMof. Anyone interested could clarify
my curious doubt===

As Pallavi suggested I went through SetupWizard.log and found that the
error "Error Compiling MOFs" come from
org.eclipse.aperi.simulator.ui.SetupProcess SetupSANSimulator method which
in turn called org.eclipse.aperi.simulator.ui.CompileMOF compileMof method
which I was responsible for the error message. I extracted the jar and
decompiled the classes to see the source (I do not have aperi source yet)
and found that, the SetupSANSimulator method in CompileMof class has a code
segment:

File mofFiles[] = mofFileLoc.listFiles();
    for(int i = 0; i < mofFiles.length; i++)
    {
        if(!mofFiles[i].getAbsoluteFile().toString().contains("Interop"))
            continue;
        compileMofFileCommand = "\"" +
SetupWizardUtility.getProperty("DIRECTORY_LOCATION_TO_INSTALL_CIMOM") +
"\\wbemservices\\bin\\mofcomp.bat" + "\"" + "  -u administrator -p passw0rd
" + "\"" + mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath();
        logger.info("Compile Mof Command: " + compileMofFileCommand);
        if(executeCommand(compileMofFileCommand) != 1)
            return false;
    }
    for(int i = 0; i < mofFiles.length; i++)
    {
        if(mofFiles[i].getAbsoluteFile().toString().contains("Interop"))
            continue;
        compileMofFileCommand = "\"" +
SetupWizardUtility.getProperty("DIRECTORY_LOCATION_TO_INSTALL_CIMOM") +
"\\wbemservices\\bin\\mofcomp.bat" + "\"" + "  -u administrator -p passw0rd
" + "\"" + mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath();
        logger.info("Compile Mof Command: " + compileMofFileCommand);
        if(executeCommand(compileMofFileCommand) != 1)
            return false;
    }

Curiosity No:
   1. The created compileMofFileCommand does not close the opened quote for
      mofFiles[i].getAbsolutePath(). Is there any specific reason for that?
   2. In both the for loops, the if condition is just the opposite to each
      other. So, any how all the files will be processed. Then why should
      there be two *for* loops? What difference it would make if there was
      only one *for* loop with no *if* condition?
I would soon send mails with the status about tunneling and simulating
storage and switch at the same time.

Thanks for all your helps!
Regards,
Amudhan.

  <d63f450804290643g18fce2fft23d1d0eaca033451@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Amudhan
  Gunasekaran" <amudhan.gg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > Hi All,

  > Also, what could be problem with the Aperi Agent? I got this exception
  when
  > it starts.
  >
  > Exception in thread "Breadline" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
  noTSRMnovell
  > in java.library.path
  >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
  >        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
  >        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
  >        at

  org.eclipse.aperi.agent.util.NetWareLoader.loadNetWare(NetWareLoader.java:46

  > )
  >        at
  org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.ExecProbe.exec(ExecProbe.java:191)
  >        at

  org.eclipse.aperi.agent.probe.InitialProbe.execute(InitialProbe.java:29)
  >        at org.eclipse.aperi.agent.worker.Worker.run(Worker.java:61)
  >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

  What OS are you running the Aperi agent on?
  Looks like NetWare? and afaik the NetWare specific agent
  code is not included in Aperi - hence the class loader
  failure.

  Hth,
  Robert

http://amudhans.blogspot.com