Re: [aperi-dev] Authentication failed- Windows XP.

Hi Dave
    While trying to get the log for your reference i came to know that the data server failed because,
    the host name of my computer contained a token "-". I changed the host name and the data server is coming up
    and i could login now.

    But "-" can be a valid character for a hostname right? why we restrict the same?
    The server.conf file not get updated after running the cfgageri tool.
    What is the use of server.conf.in file in Windows?

Thanks and regards
nissam
>>> Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/2/2007 10:11 PM >>>
Hi Nissam,

Hmmmm, not sure what's up.
Can you tell me exactly which version you're installing (name of zip file
you downloaded)?
Can you shutdown Aperi and zip up the directory <APERI INSTALL
DIRECTORY>/datasvr/log (Normally C:\Aperi\datasvr\log) and email it to me?
Screenshots would be handy as well.

Thanks,

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office:
503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960
UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management
http://www.eclipse.org/aperi
"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

"Nissamudeen Rawther" <rnissamudeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/02/2007 08:42 AM
Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi
   I installed the Aperi storage manager by following the install
instructions.
   While trying to login to the storage manager with the utility
gui/gui.bat
   the screen got hanged. Tried to connect using the RCPGui client , the
connecting
   to server message only coming.

    I installed the Aperi components on Windows XP.
    The user ID and password i used was my Windows userid (it has
administrative privilege, belongs to Administer group).
    Please help me to solve the problem.
best regards
nissam