Re: [aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi Dave

    Thanks for the quick response.

    I tried the installation in Linux also, Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop 10.

    Used the bundle Aperi_R0.3.1_incubation.zip and followed the installation instructions.

    After the installation i got the first error like invalid group, then i changed the server.conf of the

    data server and that problem fixed. Now the error says that the userid is not mapped to the

    aperi storage manager role. I am using the user id "root" which belongs to the group "root".

    The adminGroup entry in server.conf , gave value as "root".

    Please find attached the screenshots and zip file logs.

best regards

nissam

>>> Dave Wolfe <dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/02/07 10:11 PM >>>

Hi Nissam,

Hmmmm, not sure what's up.
Can you tell me exactly which version you're installing (name of zip file you downloaded)?
Can you shutdown Aperi and zip up the directory <APERI INSTALL DIRECTORY>/datasvr/log (Normally C:\Aperi\datasvr\log) and email it to me?
Screenshots would be handy as well.

Thanks,

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM(dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

"Nissamudeen Rawther" <rnissamudeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2007 08:42 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi
  I installed the Aperi storage manager by following the install instructions.
  While trying to login to the storage manager with the utility gui/gui.bat
  the screen got hanged. Tried to connect using the RCPGui client , the connecting
  to server message only coming.

   I installed the Aperi components on Windows XP.
   The user ID and password i used was my Windows userid (it has administrative privilege, belongs to Administer group).
   Please help me to solve the problem.
best regards
nissam