Re: [aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi Nissam,

Hmmmm, not sure what's up.
Can you tell me exactly which version you're installing (name of zip file you downloaded)?
Can you shutdown Aperi and zip up the directory <APERI INSTALL DIRECTORY>/datasvr/log (Normally C:\Aperi\datasvr\log) and email it to me?
Screenshots would be handy as well.

Thanks,

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

"Nissamudeen Rawther" <rnissamudeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2007 08:42 AM

Please respond to
Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aperi-dev] Authentication failed.

Hi
  I installed the Aperi storage manager by following the install instructions.
  While trying to login to the storage manager with the utility gui/gui.bat
  the screen got hanged. Tried to connect using the RCPGui client , the connecting
  to server message only coming.

   I installed the Aperi components on Windows XP.
   The user ID and password i used was my Windows userid (it has administrative privilege, belongs to Administer group).
   Please help me to solve the problem.
best regards
nissam