[alf-dev] ALF SCM POC

Hi Tim

I'm going through the vocabularies docs and have some questions, checking if I got it right.

For simplicity I will be specific with the SCM POC.

So, in very simple words, SCM vocabularies will be those data elements or information that is common and understandable by all SCM tools ?
For example, all SCM tools should know what a 'ChangeSet' vocabulary is.

The docs also mention an Extension section for event which, as I understand, is a tool's specific data, for example data relevant only for SVN. ?

So a pseudo event for a "user commit file to SVN'" would look something like that:

  <Base>
    <EventId>EventId</EventId>
  </Base>
  <Detail>
    <!—SCM Vocabularies -->
    <CommitLogMsg>commit message</CommitLogMsg>
    <ChangeSet>change set id</ChangeSet>
  </Detail>
  <Extension>
    <!-- Spesific SVN (I have no other ideas yet of specific SVN info...)-->
    <SvnUrl>http://some-url</SvnUrl>
  </Extension>

About the proposed POC use case 1: Most simple continuous integration build:

User checks in a file.
SCM fire a Stream Changed event

The service flow should create or update a preconfigured workspace to initiate the build.

When the SCM fires the event, it only has knowledge about the changed objects, there is no knowledge of a workspace.
I assume a "Stream Changed event" will always map to the same service flow, but it is not always the same project, or workspace to work on.
How can we link a "Stream Changed event" to a workspace?
Maybe with clear case we can use the 'view' notion for that.
I hope I am clear with that question.

Thanks

Shalom

Shalom Kazaz