From: alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:alf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shalom Kazaz
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:31 AM
To: alf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Lior Kanfi
Subject: [alf-dev] ALF SCM POC

Hi Tim

I'm going through the vocabularies docs and have some questions, checking if I got it right.

For simplicity I will be specific with the SCM POC.

So, in very simple words, SCM vocabularies will be those data elements or information that is common and understandable by all SCM tools ?
For example, all SCM tools should know what a 'ChangeSet' vocabulary is.

The docs also mention an Extension section for event which, as I understand, is a tool's specific data, for example data relevant only for SVN. ?

So a pseudo event for a "user commit file to SVN'" would look something like that:

  <Base>
    <EventId>EventId</EventId>
  </Base>
  <Detail>
    <!—SCM Vocabularies -->
    <CommitLogMsg>commit message</CommitLogMsg>
    <ChangeSet>change set id</ChangeSet>
  </Detail>
  <Extension>
    <!-- Spesific SVN (I have no other ideas yet of specific SVN info...)-->
    <SvnUrl>http://some-url</SvnUrl>
  </Extension>

About the proposed POC use case 1: Most simple continuous integration build:

User checks in a file.
SCM fire a Stream Changed event

The service flow should create or update a preconfigured workspace to initiate the build.

When the SCM fires the event, it only has knowledge about the changed objects, there is no knowledge of a workspace.
I assume a "Stream Changed event" will always map to the same service flow, but it is not always the same project, or workspace to work on.
How can we link a "Stream Changed event" to a workspace?
Maybe with clear case we can use the 'view' notion for that.
I hope I am clear with that question.

Thanks

Shalom

Shalom Kazaz
Tikal Knowledge
www.tikalk.com

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top